It's A Great Day To Learn The Du Bois Way - A Choice Education - Established 2014 Clayton County, GA
Main Campus (K-3 & 5th)
6479 Church St.
Riverdale, GA 30274
DU BOIS INTEGRITY ACADEMY
6504 Church St.
Riverdale, GA 30274 Suite 1 & 2
Give the GIFT of Opportunity
Fourth Grade Academy
6712 West Fayetteville Rd
Riverdale, Georgia 30296
Update for 2020-2021 School Year
As we prepare for the upcoming school year, we wanted to update you with our implementation plan. This will allow you to have a better understanding of our re-opening model and components.
Let us first say that the coronavirus pandemic has forced all of us to focus on the safety and well-being of all our children and their families along with our teachers and staff. As a result of your input from our parent survey, we have developed a comprehensive plan that incorporates three different instructional models for you to choose from. You will have an opportunity in mid-July to choose which instructional model works best for you and your family as we navigate through these difficult times.Your selection will be valid and final for the entire 1st semester which begins Monday August 3rd and ends on Wednesday December 16th of this year. The three choices for your Scholar are:
1. 100% in school classroom instructional model.
2. Hybrid instructional model both in school classroom and virtual learning (split up each week).
3. 100% Virtual instructional model (at home learning).
Please note that for planning purposes once you select which learning model best fits your family's needs, your selection will be final and remain in place for the entire semester. Prior to your selection, which will be required by July 10, 2020, we will hold two virtual information sessions so that you can better understand each model and ask relevant questions. The dates and times for the information sessions are as follows:
Information Session #1 June 25 (click here to view)
Information Session #2 - June 30, 2020 @ 6:30PM
Topic: DIA School Re-opening/Parent Information Session
Time: June 30, 2020 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Click here: https://zoom.us/j/91330242273?pwd=ZFRLb2lsM2xJS1NhbEVMTERqZVYvUT09
Meeting ID: 913 3024 2273
Dial in number.
+1 301 715 8592 US
Meeting ID: 913 3024 2273
We will send out a link for you to make your choice after the information sessions.
We have been working hard at developing a building safety plan related to guidelines & recommendations from the CDC. Please see the safety plan highlights below:
1. All students, faculty & staff will undergo temperature checks each day before entering the building.
2. We are undergoing an Ionization air quality installation system which has been tested to show it will kill coronavirus and other viruses on clothing and surfaces (such as desk, chairs, walls, etc;). This is a real time proven proprietary system that works continuously throughout the day and evening to regulate safe air quality at all times. We invested significant dollars for the installation of this system.
3. We are installing complete hands-free systems for all sinks, toilets, urinals and soap dispensers throughout the building. We currently utilize hands free blow dryers for drying hands in our main bathrooms and will have a single use hand towel system for our Kindergarten classrooms.
4. Every classroom will have a hands-free hand sanitizing dispenser installed.
5. All staff & teachers will be trained on social distancing guidelines and CDC recommendations and will implement best practice hand washing and sanitizing procedures for all students.
6. Classrooms will be organized to gain a maximum social distancing set up.
7. We will establish a triage area to manage students who become ill during the day to minimize exposure to other students.
8. Lunch & Breakfast will be served primarily in the classrooms to minimize student interaction throughout the building.
9. Documented sanitizing protocol will be conducted throughout the day and afterschool to maximize building sanitizing.
10. Our Fifth Grade Academy at Fountain of Faith parents will be required to both drop-off and pick-up at that location instead of the Main campus. We will provide before care and breakfast service at that location for your convenience. If you have siblings, you may also bring them to the Fountain of Faith campus. We will screen them and transport them to the main campus.
11. As a result of our new Fifth Grade Academy transportation policy, we have greatly reduced our bus traffic transportation between campuses and will only allow 20 children on the bus at a time with complete sanitizing procedures implemented after each trip.
Additionally, we are asking parents to provide masks for your scholars. We will always require students & staff to wear a mask during the day. We are adjusting the Uniform Policy for this year to only require the grey polo shirt with our logo, Khaki pants and Black shoes. We will eliminate the Wednesday dress up day attire at this time.
We will continue to provide updates regarding school opening and encourage you to join us for one of our information sessions listed above. We will provide you with the link & registration information for participation next week.
Stay Encouraged! Remain Diligent! Be Safe!
Free Meals Update: Clayton County Public Schools in providing breakfast and lunch meals for all DIA Scholars during this coronavirus crisis. Click here for locations
DIA Virtual JOB FAIR
Type your paragraph here.
Du Bois Integrity Academy takes a whole-child approach to elementary education. Teachers, administrators, counselors, and support staff work together to meet the intellectual, social, behavioral, and emotional needs of each and every child we serve.
DIA Lottery available...
Lottery Results - click here
The Governance Board meets the third Tuesday of every month September - July. All are welcome. (No meeting in August) - unless rescheduled